Three Special Zoning Districts have been established for the Arts Village with varying percentages of commercial and residential uses. They are:
The CAV-1 Zoning District
Allows more intense commercial development along 19th Place (State Road 60). Reserved for office and institutional uses, including art related commercial uses.
The CAV-2 Zoning District
Allows significant art-related and commercial uses in the North part of the Village in areas of the neighborhood with alleys while maintaining the residential character of the neighborhood.
The CAV-3 Zoning District
Allows some accessory art-related commercial uses in the South part of the Village in areas of the neighborhood without alleys while highlighting the residential character of the neighborhood.
Residential and Commercial Uses
A wide variety of allowable residential and commercial uses are available in the Edgewood neighborhood.
- Single family, duplex, and multi-family dwellings including multiple dwellings on one site.
- Artist live/work units with at least 65 percent of the floor space reserved for residential use. Also can be used to include guest homes for visiting artist residencies.
- Art studios, galleries, guest homes and art-related retail either separately or in combination with the artist’s home with specific limitations on the amount of floor area occupied by the non-residential functions.
- Group Court Dwellings with two or more detached buildings that can be used as artist live/work units located on a lot that is in single ownership having yards, courts or facilities in common, perhaps for joint artistic efforts.
- Bed and breakfast lodging establishments with limitations on the number of rooms available for occupancy and a requirement that the manager or owner live on site. Limited retail uses related or directly involved with the arts, such as bookstores, art galleries, and graphic arts supply stores, with limitations on the amount of floor area.
- Cafes and restaurants, located in CAV2 on a parcel no larger than 1,500 square feet adjacent to an alley and no closer than 250 feet to another eating establishment.
- Limited personal service uses related or directly involved with the arts, such as art, music and dance studios, or healing arts centers with limitations on the amount of floor area.